Voter Registration and Election Information
The primary election will take place on Tuesday, June 5th, 2018. The voter registration deadline is Monday, May 21st, 2018. Read below, and find more detailed information from the California Secretary of State's website.
- Military and Overseas Voter Vote-By-Mail Ballot Delivery Period: Friday, April 6th, 2018 - Saturday, April 21st, 2018. More information on military and overseas voting available here.
- Vote-By-Mail Mailing Period: Monday, May 7th, 2018 - Tuesday, May 29th, 2018.
- Voter Registration Deadline: Must be submitted online or postmarked by Monday, May 21st, 2018, or you can “conditionally” register and vote at your county elections office after the 15-day voter registration deadline.
- New Citizen (sworn in after May 21st, 2018) Voter Registration Period: Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 - Tuesday, June 5th, 2018.
- Vote-By-Mail Ballot Request Deadline: Must arrive by Tuesday, May 29th, 2018.
- Election Date: Tuesday, June 5th, 2018. Polls open from 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
- Last Day to Receive Vote-By-Mail Ballot Postmarked No Later Than Tuesday, June 5th, 2018: Friday, June 8th, 2018.
Register to Vote or Update Your Voter Registration
If you've registered to vote before, you may still need to update your registration information in order to participate in the June 5th election. If you've changed any of the following since you last registered, then you may need to re-register: your legal name, your address, or your political party preference. You can register or re-register to vote in person at your local Registrar of Voters, on a paper California Voter Registration Form, and even online. Check to see if your voter registration is up-to-date: click here for San Diego County, or here for Orange County!
Become a Vote-by-Mail Voter
Voting by mail makes voting simpler, quicker, and easier. You can request to receive a mail-in ballot for all future elections when you register to vote, or by filling out the California Vote-By-Mail Application and mailing it in. You can receive your ballot early, fill it out on your own time, and mail it in or drop it off at designated locations before Election Day, or drop it off at any polling location in your county on Election Day.
Honor Veterans. Vote.
Honor a veteran or an active duty service member and dedicate your vote to them in the next election. You can submit a dedication to the California Secretary of State, and receive a certificate or a lapel pin to show your appreciation for your honored service member. Voters are encouraged to wear the lapel pin when they vote on Election Day.